Wednesday, May 27, 2015

27 May 2015 Seminary - the last day

I don't remember if I mentioned in an earlier post that I was teaching seminary or helping teach. I taught once a week for the past 7 months. Anyway today was the last day for me to teach, this year. I have really enjoyed teaching, the students were great and very interested. This is of course taking in account that it was early morning seminary, so they had to be there at 0600. The course was Doctrine and Covenants and Church History. I love that course. It took a little while to get used to me, I am a little loud when I talk. It's funny because they soon learned my habits, they knew I liked to pace when I teach so they stayed clear. We had a great time. I want to share a story.  First to start this story I have to mention that we have a young woman in the class who has an absolutely beautiful voice she loves to sing and makes the music ring. You know how much I love beautiful music and voices. So last week I taught D&C 138, Joseph F Smith's vision of the post mortal life and the teaching of the spirits in that spirit world. Sister Reid asked me what song I wanted to sing for an opening song, and I said "If You Could Hie to Kolob". As you know that can be a tough song to sing, especially if there are only a few voices and Sydney was not there yet. As great of kids they are, they are like most seminary students and don't like to sing in the morning. Well we started singing anyway and it was mainly Sister Reid and myself, and I don't sing well, I try, but I couldn't carry a tune in a bucket. As we are struggling to get though this, Sydney comes down the stairs, hears the song and starts right in singing. To say the least it sounded like angels just joined in the choir, it was that beautiful. It seems when she is singing then everyone joins in. Anyway moving along after the lesson Sister Reid wanted a picture of the seminary class and me, so we went outside and took the picture. Today after the lesson Brother Reid presented the picture to me on a white background signed by the students. I was very touched by it and will treasure it always. I had to take a picture of it to post, it was so thoughtful.

This is the original picture
Until next time, Keep the Faith... 

No comments:

Post a Comment