Tuesday, October 31, 2017

31 Oct 2017 just some thoughts and pictures

I wanted to write some thoughts, which I will keep brief. As we are serving here and are in the temple 5 days a week (sometimes six), I can't help but feel a closeness to "the other side". It is preached everyday, the work, the patrons, and being in the House of the Lord. I think often of certain things, family, friends, service and covenants. It would take over a year (almost a year and a half) @ two days a week serving in a normal temple schedule to be in the temple this much. I don't know it's just hard to explain the joy and happiness of being in the Lord's House. I love the opportunities to learn different assignments everyday, for example on Tuesday we serve from 0800 to 1:30, Wednesday & Thursday from 12:30 to 7pm, Friday from 6:30 to 10:00 and Saturday from 12:00 to 6pm. Of course all is subject to change because sometimes we go in early for an early session or stay later for a late session.  On the 2nd and 3rd Fridays we are assigned to the ASL group, I love this as it is making learn all the ordinances in ASL. But I have been an Initiatory director, Veil directory, Veil coordinator, and today a baptistry director. Please understand it's not anything I'm doing but it is just part of the scheduling, everyone is needed, and needs to learn these positions. Point is it is very involved and exciting. Love it! I'm learning to sign the Initiatory, and Sealing ordinances. I feel I can do the veil now in ASL. One more thing we learn everyday is that the temple experience is about the patron experience, how do we make their day in the temple the best day ever. This brings me to one of the things that has been on my mind, Dad, I really feel like he sees us and is happy. I miss him and think about him often. Anyway the temple presidency is warm and kind to all of us. The missionaries and district workers are family, the mission is wonderful. Now with the "holidays coming there are a lot of extra things going on, beside the monthly activities the missionaries do. On November 6th we are assigned to help with the temple Christmas lights, that will be fun. Last Saturday we went to the Visitors Center for a concert, Chinese singers. It was really pretty nice, I took some pictures, which I'll display. I think us and the Bishop's, who went with us, were about the only non-oriental people there. Anyway here are some pictures:

This was the curtain
The next few pictures are some of the performers
The pianist was really good.

 He was the MC

 Some dances also





Most of the performers

Below is a picture of our front door, notice the two doors on either side. 
It seems so close, but we hardly hear any noise.
Gives you an idea why we are so close as friends too. There are 4 building 3 floors high
with 4 apartments on each floor. 

In 2 weeks we will have our last BBQ (outside) for the season, I'll give a report on that later.
Until then see ya'

No comments:

Post a Comment