Tuesday, June 23, 2015

23 June 2015 Transfers (Sprinting to the end).

Well, today is transfers and as always we love this day, but today it was the most emotional and sad transfer. This is the last transfer of our friends, Elder and Sister Urban. Oddly enough I didn't get a picture of them this time, but hopefully before they actually go. Also this is the last transfer for President and Sister Craven, they leave 30 June 2015. Oh and I guess it was our last transfer too. Easy to say it was an emotional transfer meeting. As the day goes we were busy doing things when President Craven walks up and says sometime during the meeting I'm going to ask you and Sister Slade to come up and share your testimonies. Normally after the meeting starts President asks the departing missionaries to share their testimonies, they each in turn stand at the pulpit and give a short testimony, then he and Sister Craven give a few words and he starts the transfers. Today we had 2 special musical numbers and the departing missionaries testimonies, then President ask Sister Slade and I along with Elder and Sister Urban to come up and share our testimonies. This of course makes Sister Slade very nervous having to speak in front of so many people. However she did great job very confident. I as always rattled on, but felt the spirit. Following me came Sister Urban then Elder Urban, both were very touching and tender. Then came Sister Craven and President Craven and oh my I think everyone there was in tears. They had been in the mission for 3 years, loving them everyday, praying for them everyday, advising, listening helping, understanding them everyday and now it was coming to an end. The first thing they both said was "have we told you today how much we love you" and the missionaries knew they meant it. There is tears and emotion when you leave home for the mission, but you know you will return. When you leave the mission, knowing you may never see some of them again you feel emotion and tender feelings. It's like when you leave school and you tell your friends, you met at school, let's keep in touch, but you know you may not. Then on the other hand you meet people and you know they are eternal relationships, and you will meet again. We met some of these people, not only in the mission office and the missionaries, but at the branch we attended and in the employment services. We truly learned to love those we served. I know I act like we are leaving tomorrow instead of next month, it was very tender. Now we can't wait for the next North Carolina Charlotte Mission reunion.  Anyway on to some pictures, I feel I didn't get as many as I wanted.

 This is Elder Lyman, he served in our area for a while. He noticed I was talking a picture of the crowd and posed. He's a hoot.
Just a group shot. 
 Sister Calvillo, Spanish branch in Charlotte Central, she is transferring north. She would try to help me with Spanish (ayudame aprendar con Spanish)
The sister in the middle is Sister Knudsen, She is a Spanish speaker also. She would talk to me in Spanish whenever I would see her. 

This is Sister Johnson, she is going home tomorrow. She served in our area since last transfer. I wanted to take her picture, but she had been crying and was red and teary. I made her laugh and took the picture

Sister and President Craven, they will be missed, however their impact was and will always be felt. The mission will move forward though. These missionaries will always remember them fondly
"Have we told you today how much we love you" 

 On the left is Sister Dunn, you can't forget that smile and to the right is the one and only Sister Phillips, she is going to the Greensboro area.
 Sister Jacot, we will miss your sweet spirit. She goes home tomorrow
 She turned to the camera after talking to Sister Slade
This is Jennifer Cabaniss, we have developed a friendship with her. She attends the YSA ward, but her family is in the Lancaster Branch. She is acting like she is running, silly girl.
Actually in my testimony I said I was sprinting to the end and she is mocking me. She comes over for dinner and to watch a certain TV series ( When Comes the Heart) with us. We all got attached to it. 

 Sister Phillips and her new companion Sister Smith
 And Sister Calvillo and Sister Daly loading up on goodies, sweethearts all.
.......................................................................
So until next time, soon, keep the faith. And for some one in particular "Doubt your Doubts before you Doubt your faith" Amor

No comments:

Post a Comment