Saturday, March 14, 2015

catorce -Marzo- dosmil y quince 14-March 2015 (I am trying to learn Spanish)

I have been trying  to learn Spanish, I don't think I mentioned that earlier. I have been taking lessons from the MTC senior language program. It is slow going because I don't have anyone to talk with on a regular bases. It all started because we had several Spanish speaking people come into the office, as well as sign onto ldsjobs.org. I felt I needed to learn some Spanish to help them. I enjoy the learning, but don't feel it is coming along fast enough. I have decided to, besides attend our little branch in Lancaster, attend the Spanish Branch at least twice a month. We'll see how it goes. I wanted to write a little about zone conferences starting up again. I help Elder Hunt with his responsibility inspecting the mission cars, it makes the work easier and I enjoy the missionaries. Anyway one of the responsibilities is checking the cars i.e.; are they clean, washed, and organized ( the trunk is suppose to be clean and organized. The three pictures below show what they look like, one of these pictures is not like the others.



Hmmm?
We do have fun while we work, It really is a great experience
If you remember previous posts I always lined the cars in some order either by Make or model or color, I backed them in certain ways. This day Elder Hunt started parking the cars when we were done, I said that's not going to do, so with his permission I re-parked the cars..
New Ford Fusion leads the way, (also belongs to the Welcome Ward Sisters)
then snakes around the poles. I told Elder Hunt and Elder Urban "don't worry I left enough room between the cars that even my 16 year old granddaughter could get out without hitting anything". Then again it is my granddaughter.
Elder Urban checking my handiwork.

Welcome Ward Sisters. Sister Knight, Sister Jacot and of course Sister Phillips.
They are a dynamic trio. They have strong testimonies, great lessons, motivated and adorable to be around. Somewhere there are 3 young men who will find these young return missionaries and will have their lives changed forever. 
Elder Couch and Elder Brogoon. 
Elder Couch is a crack up, he has a laugh that is contagious. Once he starts you can hear him all over the building. I think everyone gets around him to make him laugh, it's funny and lovable. Don't get him started in the chapel.


 Lastly these two are Elder Hunt talking to the missionaries about their responsibilities with the cars, 
with President and Sister Craven listening intently to what he is saying. I would too. One time I told Elder Hunt "you just called them pigs, without actually calling them pigs." There is a story with that, he said to the missionaries, I knew an elder who had this calling, he would walk back and forth telling them they were pigs, but I'm not like that. It was funny and not mean spirited at all. Elder Hunt truly loves the missionaries.
The work is wonderful whether in the employment center or just helping out. I am grateful to be here .
Until next time, keep the faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment