Sunday, December 7, 2014

7 December 2014 (Pearl Harbor Day)

First, just a thought and prayer for all who fought, lived and died at Pearl Harbor, and all veterans. Thank you for helping us keep our freedom.

Ok going back a few weeks to Thanksgiving. We, 3 senior couples and President and Sister Craven, had thanksgiving dinner together at the mission home. Sister Slade and I rode with Elder and Sister Urban so I didn't have my camera, but it was a beautiful setting. We all brought different things for dinner. Sister Slade made her "famous" creamed corn, and I cooked the turkey. Yes you read that right. It turned out rather good even if I do say so. We had a great time visiting and sharing stories. As a matter of fact I would say a good time was had by all. I wish I had pictures, but I don't. However I do have pictures of the nativity christmas program/festival the NC South Stake held. What they do is ask anyone who wants to share, bring a nativity scene or more than one if they want and display it for a community festival.  We displayed the one we bought in Branson, MO. I think it is the most adorable (yes adorable) nativity scene. If you are from the West, as some were, you'll love it. Picture below
I know it is adorable!
Here are some more pictures of other nativity's.



There wewre over 200 sets, the festival was beautiful.
As for the work, it is going well. I worry that because things have gone so well that we will hit a wall and stall out. I know we need to stay faithful, continue to love those we serve and all strive to become self reliant. We are going to Atlanta GA this week for training, and I think Sister Slade has some activities planned while in GA, so I will continue this then. Keep the faith,

No comments:

Post a Comment